Monday, July 19, 2010

14





Wow, the Tetons are beautiful. So different than Yellowstone. Yellow was Geysers and new forest with occasional canyon and waterfall. Tetons are snow capped mountains (Like a Coors Lite commercial), lakes and beautiful streams. The one thing they unfortunately have in common is the people and crowds. Thought I started the day early but not nearly enough. Especially when they are boating them over every 10 minutes. Maybe it was due to the fact I chose the most popular hike. I thought the fact it was 9miles would mean fewer people. Nope. It’s not that I don’t like people it’s just not hiking and wilderness to me when there are kids screaming, tourists, and people on cell phones.


I think Alaska spoiled me. There if you want to fish, you fish. If you need to camp you set up your tent. What’s up with this having to pay to use nature? Wild animals are wild in Alaska and not attractions in open zoo’s.


Alaska has spoiled me. If you’re looking to do National Parks in your life. Make Denali last.


I was then in the cute, but crowded, town of Jackson. You know, Jackson Hole. Didn’t stay long. My contacts fell through and it wasn’t my type of scene. Some things are not fun to do on your own or I won’t do them yet. Like go to a bar. I did however walk around, saw the annual “shootout” and talked to a local. This would be a good place to come back to with someone. But again, crowded.


I then made a reservation at a Motel 8 in Blackfoot, Idaho (the capital of potatoes). After crazy days of hiking and driving I was ready for some luxury, and a shower. No I am not telling how long I went without one. Only negative was that it was dark when driving so I didn’t get to see Idaho. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment