Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 27, Elvis




After walking with my feet ten feet above Beale Street and eating an AMAZING burger and shake at Dyers my friend and I headed to Graceland. Our first stop was the heartbreak hotel and it was not what I had thought. It is much larger and has non themed rooms. Although not allowed to view a room the pictures and the lobby were just what I remembered.

Next was o go see Elvis’s house. We were able to do this tour quicker than most and devised a plan to jump into his pool. The best part was the shag green carpeting on the walls. Oh, and seeing Elvis’s house.

After his house, which had an automated tour, we were able to see several smaller museums, his planes, and I think 8 or 9 gift shops.

After Graceland we relaxed for a bit then headed over to the Peabody Hotel to watch the famous ducks head to their palace by way of elevator. That was a major attraction.

After the ducks I watched a movie, got ready to go out, and then headed to an Indian Restaurant. After some food it was time to go to Wind Jammers in mid town Memphis and watch some karaoke. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment