Monday, July 26, 2010

July 25, Careful. Road is dangerous when under water.




Thank you Arkansas. That was a road sign in the town where Clinton grew up. No I am not here because he was born here.

I started the day digging for diamonds. Well, I didn’t actually dig. I sat down and carefully examined the soil for several hours. No luck. Guess it’s time to get a man. If it weren’t so hot out I could have stayed longer. Who knows if I would have found anything but I can now say I went mining for Diamonds. In the only place you can mine for Diamonds in the United States as well as the 3rd (or is it 8th) largest diamond mine in the world. I know, that’s a big difference.

After debating about whether to stay and use the pool I headed to Hot Springs to see, well, the Hot Springs. Who knew this existed? It is this cool old historic town with several old bath houses. It is a National Park and the Visitor Center is an old bath house you can walk around. Very cool. It seems the entire town is being renovated, although they call it “rehabilitated” and that is great to see. These old buildings need to be preserved. I walked around town, went in this cool old hotel, and made my way to the library to kill time.
Although this town is cute, upon closer look it is a little sad. Lots of homeless people or special ones. One man asked me for a fork and I told him it was not clean. He replied with that’s okay I just got this food out of the trash and the sincerely said God Bless You. This damped my mood but tomorrow I may soak in a bath house!

No comments:

Post a Comment