Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Monday and Tuesday




Monday consisted of a day of catch up. I caught up on sleep, laundry, internet, blog, and whatever else I needed to catch up on.

I then did some birthday shopping at lululemon, got an exclusive tour and history lesson on the America Girl Company, and had a delicious dinner from a new to meet place Tokyo Joe’s. If you are out west you should try it. Affordable and healthy fast food. Yum. I ended the night with a great conversation with my cousin.

Tuesday was a day to explore. Red Rock State Park, Denver Botanical Gardens, and downtown Denver. Red Rock was pretty and free but without a doubt the best feature is the all natural perfectly acoustic amphitheater. It was great to see and neat because they were setting up for a concert.

I really liked the Denver Botanical Gardens. If so much was not under construction than maybe I could have seen why it was voted in the top 10 of Botanical Gardens. It was beautifully dense with flowers and they worked with the small space they have but I feel like I have seen better. The most positive thing I took from the Gardens, beside one post card for $1.61, was the realization that I want a water lily pond at one of my houses with different species of water lily’s.

We will see what the evening holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment