Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010, Sorry for the absence




After my first full days of work in the United States in years I am almost back on the road. I thought I should fill you all in on my last few days. Deciding to stay and work was a good decision. I made some money, hung out with friends, and got to know a new part of the country. I really like Northern Illinois, it’s beautiful. I felt a little bad crashing on my friends couch for a week, but she didn’t seem to mind. I just don’t want to be an annoying free couch hippie.


So, last Monday I drove down to the Chicago area and had a few relaxing days. Got to play with dogs and horses, and watch a season of Weeds. Very enjoyable. I also went to see Memphis Guitars play in the park, but think Brett Lee could have done a better job. After we went to a bar chasing a hockey player. No it was not me chasing him.


I left the Chicago area to head up north. I worked the afternoon on Bugsy’s Hotdog boat with two other girls and it was very enjoyable. Friday I went to lunch with a friend, walked around a park, and headed to a bar. Good times. Strange though, the beautiful outdoor bars up here are not crowded. Economy?


Saturday was a full day on the boat and made some good tips. Bugsy is a Vietnam Vet and all around good guy. He’s a character and I like those. I also talked to a few people on their boats and got to see some nice ones. Very crowded day on the water and not too shabby day for tips.


Fourth of July!!! Worked on the boat, which almost tipped over from the wind, and thank goodness we went in early. I was able to go to a BBQ that night, meet some new people, saw some old friends, and FIREWORKS! I love fireworks. Then on the way home everywhere you looked you could see fireworks. Not the safest combination to drive and watch fireworks, but oh so fun. Although I did not see any professional shows I saw some great stuff. People up here go crazy for fireworks and I am thankful for that. The best ever private ones I’ve seen. Good national pride here. Maybe it’s all the lakes. It’s just a little frustrating hearing them, seeing the sky light up, and then they are not in your vision. All in good fun.


Tonight should be a drive in double feature of Toy Story Three and Prince of Persia. If it rains, Toy Story Three in 3D.


I would like to thank Cassie, Kristen, Dube, Dennis, Brett, Nikki and Mark for EVERYTHING during my time in Illinois. Summer seems like a good time to be in IL.

1 comment:

  1. You are so very welcome! It was great hanging out and seeing you! I miss you already. The car shows on Fridays just won't be the same without your commentary 'tour' ;-)
    Have a great time exploring the rest of the USA! Be safe and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete