Monday, July 12, 2010

July 11, My next trip





I finally slept in today, sleeping until 8, and made my way up to the Visitor Center of Devils Tower. I had no idea you can climb and summit this large piece of rock. I like using a map and winging my adventures but it can damper planning. If I had had more time ahead of time to arrange it I would have paid the 300 hundred dollars to hire a guide and climb away. However, I for once in my life used my head, and have deicide it will have to wait until my next trip. The best time to climb is September, so… September 2012 I will be back in Wyoming and climbing. Gives me time to get in shape.

I left the crazy crowds at the park to head to Cody. Who knew there was so much to along the way. Clearly not me. I stopped several times, learned a lot, and like always could have done more. I “hiked” to the Medicine Circle at 10,000 ft in the mountains, drove down a 10% grade scenic byway (that one took some personal debating), stopped at a closed visitor center, and headed to an awesome canyon / wild horse sanctuary, all before making it to Cody. Not to mention I drove from sun to hail, sun, crazy rain, TOUCHED SNOW for the first time in years, and saw two beautiful rainbows.

An altogether beautiful day including three national parks and one National Forest. Oh yeah, I also crossed the Montana line while in a canyon. Who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment